Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Random Pics From The Weekend



I scooted up to Boston this weekend for a quick getaway and took a few shots along the way. The Volvo Ocean Race was docked for a few weeks, and everyone came out to see these sick sailboats.

I love going out to the suburbs because it reminds me of what a City Slicker I am. I wanted to show my dad the Bugaboo I got for for my shower, but the Babies R' Us in the 'burbs didn't carry it, claiming it was "too high end." Really? It seems that in Manhattan you can get one at every corner bodega. In fact, I'm not sure you're allowed to have children in Manhattan if you don't have a Bugaboo.

Outside of NYC, it seems that everyone has something called a Snap N' Go, or whatever, which goes from car seat to stroller. I got the hard sell on them, but suburbanites overlook the fact that New Yorkers don't drive. We walk. Everywhere. We get on on the bus. Cars are what you do when you get out of the city.

And now for some photos.

TR, the naturalist


Snail trails


Everywhere I go, I find stray cats.
P5072213

This was the curtain that covered a dressing room in the Puma attraction


Pop et moi and large masts


Volvo made out of Legos