Thursday, August 02, 2007

It's August...

So Bloomy!

It's August, which means that New York City will officially go into the weird, summertime slumber it always does. I understand that everyone seems to go on vacation, but it amazes how these vacations seems to affect everything. No good books come out, the movie theaters are full of bad ideas, even the magazines are skinny.

The good news about August is that there's no pressure...to do anything. Since everyone else is out of town, it's fine to spend your evenings reading bad novels or your weekends lying in a heap in Far Rockaway. The way I see it, we've got 31 days(well, 28 now...) to be useless. I say, take advantage. Once September rolls around it'll be back to business, which means back in the bad Ann Taylor suits. (Shudder!)

So what will become of this blog while I'm catching up on Netflix selections? I always have links (I have a few editors with proverbial guns to my head) and I always have my camera. If I can motivate enough to go on a field trip, I'll write about that, too.

Here a cool link that was an E&P Pauline's Pick the other day: The St. Louis Post-Dispatch (that's a newspaper) did a great multimedia project about jazz in St. Louis. It's totally worth checking out.