Thursday, August 09, 2007

Flooding in the Gramercy Bunker!


NYC Shocker #4 (NYC, August 2007), originally uploaded by H2dez59.


Drama has hit the Gramercy Bunker! I've been out in Greenwich all week, but last night I stopped by to pick up some mail.

As I walked to my door I noticed how clean the hall carpeting looked. For a minute I thought the super had cleaned it, but then I noticed the squishy sound under my feet...uh oh.

Somehow or another a good two inches of water got into my basement apartment during that storm yesterday. Suffice it to say that the floor of my apartment is still wet with and there are patches of dirt and sludge here and there. Gross.

Luckily, there was nothing of any real value around. My two most prized possessions, my laptop and my fancy new camera, were at Doug's. My awesome new Michael Kors clutch was (thankfully!) on top of a chair.

The worst part is that since I have to work all week I can't clean it up until Saturdaymorning. But no matter, since Papa Paul will be in town this weekend. Talk about a great father-daughter activity! Let's clean up a small disaster in my $1,400 a month, underground apartment.

Only in New York, kids. Only in New York.