Thursday, August 16, 2007

Back in the Gramercy Bunker

I spent my first night in the Gramercy Bunker last night since the pipes burst last week. It was a pleasant experience. Not perfect, since there are still adjustments to be made, but good enough for now. The place still smells a little of Pine Sol, but hopefully that will go away with time.

The floors are disaster, despite OCD-level cleaning on behalf of my dad and I. I was just told that the floors guys are in there now, assessing the situation. That's good news.

My bathroom seems to be the most livable area now, thanks in large part to the new supplies I got yeserday. Who knew a falmingo-themed shower curtain could do so much for morale?

All in all, I am eager to get back to normalcy. A lot of people I know have said things like, "At least you can stay in Greenwich with Doug." This is true, but people forget that I Heart New York and I love Gramercy and my building. Looking for a new place would be a pain in the arse, especially since all the recent college grads are flooding the city with their Yaffa Blocks and their futons.

So I'm staying. I'm not going to defect to the suburbs or hole up in a hotel. Fixing all this will be a little bumpy, but considering that I wasn't home when it happened and my laptop and camera were with me, I've been pretty lucky.

I'll post photos of the new and improve Bunker once everything is done.