Tuesday, March 13, 2007

I Sense Spring


Morning Jog, originally uploaded by JB Photo.

The first rule of Housewifery: Get out of bed before 11:00 AM. This was my first sin on Monday. I usually only sleep late on weekends, but Le Doug has the greatest bed in the history of mattresses, and when I woke up Mozart was asleep next to my head. How is that not heaven?

I spent most of the afternoon writing and editing a large piece and even sent it out, which made me feel accomplished. I have another such project today, which means I shouldn't lurk on the Inernet too much longer. When all the writing was done yesterday I went out for a five-mile jog, all the way down to the beach. It pretty much wiped me out, but I'm glad I cleared five miles. Next stop: a 10K.

I've been watching a lot of movies at night, mostly to decompress from the running. This past weekend I saw Jesus Camp, which was one of the most disturbing films I have ever seen. Please put it on your Netflix queue toute suite. It's scary and mind-boggling to see otherwise logical people defend things like Intelligent Design and claim that science doesn't prove anything.

I also caught Ghosts of Abu Ghraib on HBO last night. It covers the whole case in an hour an half, with some of the actual prison guards and other soldiers talking about what went on. Yes, you see the same images over and over again, but these film makers make them seem fresh. Try to catch it if you can.