Saturday, November 25, 2006

Tip of the Hat, Wag of the Finger

A Wag of the Finger goes to the Bridgeport Yellow Cab who failed to pick me up last night to go to the Fairfield train station. Even though I set up an 11 p.m. pick up 45 minutes in advance, the cabbie called me at 11:20 p.m. claiming he had just gotten the job. Dispatch accused him of being a liar. Nevertheless, I was stuck in Trumbull with no way home to Old Greenwich. Riddle me this, Bridgeport Yellow Cab: When your entire business revolves around picking people up and taking them places, how do you have any business when you fail to do that?

Luckily, I can give a Tip of the Hat to The Limousine Service of Greenwich, who sent a car up to get me at 1 a.m. and zipped me home in less than half an hour. Me thinks this was in large part because Le Doug has been a loyal customer for years. Big ups to Marty, the driver, for having a great sense of humor, even when we got lost in the dark, woodsy part of Stamford.

P.S. Can anyone tell me when it's getting hard to upload Flickr photos to the new Blogger Beta? Thanx.