Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Fled the City

I wisely dashed out of NYC last night in order to avoid the crowds at Grand Central today. For the next four days (at least) I plan to hang out at Le Doug's joint in Old Greenwich. I'll have the place to myself since Doug is going out to Pennsylvania to visit some grad school friends. My job is to watch the house and, more importantly, Maestro and Mozart. The Boys cannot be left alone. Yes, I realize they are cats with brains the size of walnuts, but Le Doug and I feared they would have too much separation anxiety if we left them alone. Yes, we know we are crazy.
Given that I have all this free time, I plan to spend it wisely. I have books to read, such as Benjamin Kunkel's "Indecision" and Anne Tyler's "Saint Maybe." There is a novel to work on as well as assignments to finish for my screenwriting class. I would like to start my Christmas cards and do some Christmas shopping. I have some play dates set up with CT friends.
And of course, sleep. That has bgeen in short supply lately.