Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Running and Upcoming Cats.


Flying Men Serie
Originally uploaded by Arnold Pouteau's.

Dorothy Parker once said, "I hate writing, I love having written." I would like to amend that with my own version. "I hate running, I love having ran." (Run?)

With the rain gone and weather cooking, this is perfect running season. When summer rolls around I start running regurally, thus beginning a weird, if not sick, whittling down of myself. I started when I was 20 and still do it, even though the herniated disc threatens to rear its head. However, running parks doesn't seem to be an issue. Treadmills bring the disc back, running in the East River Park seems to calm it down.

Tonight the park was full of runners and bare-chested guys playing soccer on the track. There was some running clinic also going on, with 30 and 40-something chasing around the loop over and over again.

The run wasn't easy, but after being away from it for a few weeks, I didn't expect it to be. Hopefully tomorrow I can get another one in. Le Doug and I are off to Montreal on Thursday morning to pick up kitties that we are adopting from a shelter. Yes, we had to go to Montreal. Don't you know there are no cats in New York City?

The kittens are named Maestro and Mozart, a Himalayan and a Persian, respectively. The lady at the shelter says that Meastro is quite the singer.

Pics will be posted as they arrive, naturally.