Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Away

I'm away from the computer today, so I have little to report. In fact, things may be a little light around here until I get back from Vegas on Monday. I don't leave until Thursday night, but, you know...preparations must be made and supplies must be stocked up. I also need a haircut.

I will say that I've been listening to Madonna's True Blue album a lot lately, mostly because I heard "Live to Tell" on the radio twice within two days. Odd indeed. This prompted me to hustle over to the Virgin Mega Store in Union Square and buy a copy.

I bought True Blue on vinyl when I was about 10 years old and it was one of my favorite albums, along with Poison's Look What the Cat Dragged In and, inexplicably, Lisa Lisa and Cult Jam's album, the one that had "Lost in Emotion" on it.

Until a few days ago I hadn't spent any time with True Blue, but it was a nice reunion. I also didn't realize that the original verison only had nine songs on it. Nine! What were we paying for? I mean, the indie rockers nowadays can get away with 10 or so (The Killers and Franz Ferdinand immediately come to mind) but nine?!?! Oh, those wacky 80s.

So. Yeah. I think I'll go get some hummus now. Or something.