Wednesday, February 19, 2014

The More Things Change...


Oh, hi. I've been rather quiet lately. Such is the case when one is working on a book project. I spend a lot of time lost in my own depth, in silent places like Butler Library up at Columbia. I come up for air -- and lunch -- at Community Food & Juice, but then go right back to my laptop. (Get the rice bowl with salmon. You're welcome.)

Don't fret. There is still much socializing. On Monday, while en route to brunch with some of my lady friends, I passed the office in the photo above. In the back of my head I always knew this guy and his newspaper delivery business existed, I just didn't realize he was still there. And on Great Jones Street, which has become a niche of fine dining and pricey loft apartments. I slyly poked my head through the door, because I'm a creeper, and it was business as usual in there, as if the internet and 347 area codes never happened.

(Note that his phone number doesn't have an area code. It is assumed that it is 212.)