Friday, November 20, 2009

Beware Of The Doghouse

Last Christmas J.C. Penney had a genius marketing campaign called "Beware of the Doghouse" which was a video about men sent to a kind of purgatory for buying their wives and girlfriends bad Christmas gifts. The key to get out was to buy them jewelry. The have a sequel this year, which is just as funny.

Maybe it's because I was raised right, but I was always under the impression that jewelry was the only gift option for women during the holidays. I remember often going with my dad to pick out something in amethyst for La Madre, (she was born in February) and one year going to Tiffany's for an anniversary band.

That said, if you're a guy and you've never bought your woman jewelry, what on earth have you been thinking? If you're shopping for me and need ideas, may I suggest a bauble from Baccarat?

Here is last year's video. Genius.