Monday, January 12, 2009

A Sunday In The Life Of La Pauline

This past Sunday was one of the busiest ones I've had, literally, since July. While there may be a recession and a credit crunch and a foreclosure problem in this country, New York City chugs along. Snow and cold, incidentally, does not stop people from looking at places, even if it means climbing four flights of stairs to get to the unit.

11:00 a.m.: Open house for this apartment on West 12th Street and Sixth Avenue. Since there was that big football game at 1:00 we decided to do the open house earlier, and sure enough, people came out of the woodwork. I am a little surprised that we don't have an offer yet for this place, but perhaps it is just a matter of time. It's a one bedroom that could easily be converted to a two bedroom. Great block, doorman building and bright.

1:30 p.m. Hustled down to Sullivan Street to meet up with a young guy from England who needs a place in the Village. We saw a few on Thompson Street that weren't quite right. We're going out again today to tackle the East Village.

2:45 p.m. Met up with a couple who are the Williamsburg version of TR and I: early 30s, arty and expecting their first baby in June. The three of us had a great time checking out places in the East Village and Chelsea. They may have liked the first one they saw. The girlfriend, is the first woman I've found who is craving oranges and smoothies like me. Good to know I'm not a weirdo. Do you know how many oranges I carry in my purse on any given day?

4:00 p.m. I thought I was going to have to show this place to a couple in the West Village, but it's been rented for two months and won't be free until March. (I'm always the last to know.) Yet, the couple still wants to see it. I'll have to iron something out with the new tenants.

I walked all the way back to Murray Hill from Chelsea, stopping once for a burger and a coffee at the diner. Spent the evening playing around with Pandora. Such a charmed life.