Monday, November 26, 2007

What's The Deal With The New York Sports Club On 23rd Street?


Row of Treadmills, originally uploaded by vwong22.

Today I joined the New York Sports Club on 23rd Street. It's right by my house and I figured I'll need it with all the Christmas parties I plan to go to.

I signed the papers right after work, then went home, changed, and headed back to work out. By the time I got to the gym it was almost 8:00 p.m., so I figured the after-work rush would be over.

How wrong I was. The NYSC on 23rd is one of the busist gyms I have ever seen. Even when I left at 9:00 p.m. there was still await for treadmills and almost every elliptical and bike on the second floor was taken. How many people are working over at Credit Suisse that the gym is packed after hours. And not for nothing, but these people were doing some hard core exercising. Crazy.

If anyone has any insight into this bizarre gym, I would love to hear it.