Thursday, May 31, 2007

Rockin' the Open Bar

Rockin' the Open Bar

Whew. What a busy week. One day I'm napping on the back deck in Connecticut, and the next I'm chasing around NYC without a minute to spare.

These past few days I've spent my evenings doing the booze and schmooze, an activity I seem to be quite good at. I took pics along the way, just for your viewing pleasure.

My first stop was a book party for Ned Vizzini, whose latest book, It's Kind of a Funny Story, is out in paperback. Buy a copy, suckas.
Ned et Moi

The party was awesome, and at Lolita, which seems to be the go-to spot for book parties these days. Jen came along as well. Here we are, looking sharp:
Jen at Moi

The scene:
Good Times

The Lower East Side, as the Sun Goes Down
A Building at Twilight

Today I went to see my friend Jeff Parker, who was one of my teachers when I was at Syracuse. He is single-handedly responsible for my ability to hand-code HTML. He has a few books coming down the pipe, and you should buy them as well.

Here we are, at his reading in Williamsburg:
Parker et Moi

And for all you cat lovers, here is Mozart, shaved and alert two weeks ago:
Mozart on Alert -- And Shaved