Friday, May 04, 2007

Baby Showers, As a Concept


baby gift basket, originally uploaded by killrbeez.


There comes a time in every woman's life where she finds she is going to more baby showers than bridal showers. This seems to be my case right now. While 2005 was the year of the wedding, 2007 is the year of the baby shower. It's gotten to a point that when I long onto Amazon they suggest baby gifts I might like, as opposed to novels and music,.

This morning I got up bright an early to buy some gifts for a shower I'm going to tomorrow. At first I thought I'd get some onesies and be done with it, but baby stores have a strange allure to them. Even though I don't know the first thing about baby care, I was fascinated by all the bibs and lotions and teething rings and blankets. Babies are big business, maybe even moreso than weddings.

I left with a sack of practical but very cute goodies. Methinks Baby Henry will be quote pleased.

Also: Green is an underrated color for little boys. I'm just sayin'.