Tuesday, April 17, 2007

I'm Around

Rollin' With the Homies...

Generally speaking, construction sites freak me out. I don't like walking near them, and not just because of the inevitable cat-calling. Think falling debris. That said, I wasn't surprised when I read that One Ten Third Avenue, where that crane fell onto a cab a few months ago, had yet another accident today. It seems that glass fell from one of the upper levels. I don't care how much smooth techno music you pipe onto its promotional website, I'm not sure I would want to live there.

Everyone nowadays seems to have some sort of spin on the obesity epidemic. James Altucher at Forbes.com watched a few stocks that deal in weight loss products and services and found that some are quite profitable. Talk about a growth market.

I am in the middle of reading Dana Vachon's Mergers and Aquisitions and it is as goos as everyone says. So good, it actually makes me want to go into finance. For serious.