Wednesday, March 07, 2007

A Hot Mess. Literally.


Leadership, originally uploaded by mjp3000.

Not that any of you noticed, but I've been in hiding for about five days. On Friday afternoon I came down with a nasty flu, complete with weapons-grade fever. I could barely walk and I was sensitive to light. Somehow I got myself to Grand Central Station and onto an express train to Greenwich, where I became Le Doug's problem for a few days. I'm one of those people who becomes cranky and whiney when she is sick.

You may not know that Le Doug is actually Dr. Doug, with a Ph.D in economics. Numbers may be his forte, but he's got a pretty good bedside manner. He stocked the house with Gatorade and Theraflu and on Saturday afternoon fetched me little Italian pastries to keep me happy and my blood sugar up. He didn't even make me sleep on the couch when I was coughing all night and scared the cats out of the room.

I'm am still only running at about 80%, which is leaps and bounds above Friday afternoon's productivity. That said, I have a lot to do. I lost a good five days worth of writing and I haven't been to the gym in a fortnight. There is work to be done.