Tuesday, November 28, 2006

The Writing Brain Freeze

I got up at 6:00 AM this morning, mostly to make Le Doug tea before he went to work and to feed the cats. Since I was awake and the house was warm, I started in on some writing. First it was contacting people for a freelance story I am working on today, then while I waited for them to call me back I worked on a little children's story that occured to me, almost out of nowhere.

I have spent, literally, the last six hours writing, editing and interviewing people. My brain feels like mush. I know I have to shower and eventually I must eat something. However, I need to talk to more people for my freelance piece. I feel guilty for that. Then again, a shower takes five minutes.

Does any other writer feel this way? Does your brain ever literally hurt after writing for hours? I think getting up early is the key to being productive. It's also really quiet out here in Greenwich. How very Zen.