Friday, September 15, 2006

Fashion Week Parties!

Prob One of the Best Photos I've Ever Taken.

It's fashion week, which means there is champagne to be consumed. Last night, Erin C. and I did just that.

First stop: A party in the new salon on top of Bergdorf Goodman. Lots of booze, not a lot of food.

At least there was Veuve.
Yay! Veuve Cliquot!

Tabloids are the enemy.
Tabloids Are the Enemy

Erin and I ambushed this woman because her purse was so cool. It's buy Miu Miu. Go get one.
Handbag of the Night.

Our next stop was at Capitale on the Bowery, just a few blocks from not only my old apartment building, but a McDonald's as well. Before scarfing burgers, I took a shot in front of 50 Bayard Street, where I lived in 2002. I loved that apartment and I certainly did not want to move north of Houston Street. But I digress...
Outside my Old Apartment, Circa 2002

The Capitale party was for some new vodka, and red was the theme of the evening. That said, everything was bathed in red, everything from the lighting to the curtains to the women hanging from the ceiling.
Ladies Hanging From Ceiling

Red Room! Red Room!
Inside Capitale

I'm feelin' the groove, Pilgrim.
Feelin' the Groove, Pilgrim.

This is DJ AM. He is quite good.
DJ AM

Smoove.
Smoove P

Jared Leto's band was the live entertainment of the evening. (?!?!?) I cannot even begin to tell you how much they sucked. He's all small and Goth and swears constantly. This was my general reaction to every song he did, including a horrendous cover of "Message in a Bottle." Grrrr...he even came out to "O Fortuna" from Carmina Burnana. Cheese, please.
My General Reaction to Jared Leto's Performance

Haterade aside, it was a great night. I don't know what they put in that vodka, but I was awake until 3:00 AM.
End of The Night on the Bowery