Sunday, September 03, 2006

Christine Turns 29...and The Lights Go Out!

La Vie en Rose

I've known Christine since I was about 14 years old. She is one of those friends who know where all the bodies are buried. That said, I make a point not to forget her birthday.

This year we all gathered at her new house in Norwalk, not far from where we all went to high school Thing is, a leftover storm from Ernesto decided to plow through Norwalk and knocked out her electricity. No worries, though, as Christine had candles and lanterns on hand and lots of liquor.

The whole. dimly-lit set can be seen here.

Christine and I
Christine et Moi

Adam Gets the Grill Ready. BBQ is both an art and a science.
Adam Readies the Grill

Serious Meat
The Meat

Even in the rain, nothing could stop this man from grilling.
Not Even a Storm Could Stop a Proper Cookout

Everyone in Norwalk is harcore. This is Christine's brother, Tim.
Everyone in Norwalk is Hardcore

I'm pouty! I'm angry!
I'm Pouty! I'm Angry!

Sometimes I think Chris got a little too much sun out in Kuwait.
Sometimes I think Chris Got too Much Sun in Kuwait

Seriously, though. He's a nice guy. So wholesome!
Chris

These are Christine's new kittens, Casey and Riley. They are so cute. I totally want to eat them.
Christine's New Kittens, Casey and Riley

Le Doug and I pimp in the garage.
Le Doug et Moi in Christine's Garage

Suddenly, I tree fell on Doug's car!
Tree on Doug's Car

I was tres concerned. Would this mean we would have to take the Wheels Bus home?
Oh No! A Tree Fell on Doug's Car!

But the guys helped get it off.
The Guys Help Get It Off

Le Doug became worried that maybe he had no power as well, so we took off in our matching hats.
Le Doug et Moi

Happy Birthday, Christine!