Saturday, April 29, 2006

Finally, Some Photos from Paris!

Eiffel Tower

Here's the backstory: For weeks Doug was saying that he was going to surprise me with a trip. He didn't say where, just that he was taking me somewhere. He kept mentioning Detroit, but I didn't know what that was code for.

On April 17th I met him at Grand Central, packed with all kinds of clothes, an umbrella and good pair of walking shoes. We hopped a cab to Kennedy airport and I was asked if I had my passport on me. I did. Once at Kennedy, we pulled up to Northwest. The next flight out was, in fact, to Detroit.

I figured we were on our way to Denver, to see his family. As we were checking our bags, the frazzled desk lady, who had no idea that the trip was a surprise said, "Okay, two people to Detroit and then connecting to...Paris."

And then I did the happy dance.

Here are some pics from the trip. The whole set is here.

Doug Reading the Paper During Petit-Dejeuner
Doug Reads the Paper During Petit-Dejeuner

Arc de Triomphe
Across the Street

I Was Obsessed With the Newsstands
Newsstand

On the Street and Very Happy
On the Corner

After Two Unsuccessful Tries in 1987 and 2003, I Finally Got Into the Louvre and saw the Mona Lisa
Louvre

I Really Need a House Like This (Renoir Museum)
Renoir Mansion

The Thinker
Thinker3

The Seine, Right Next to Notre Dame
Seine

This Dog Hung Around Our Favorite Cafe Everyday
Le Chien

Vive La France!