Monday, October 31, 2005

Halloween Facts


Treat
Originally uploaded by Something To See.
I really like Halloween, but sadly I probably won't be doing too much partying tonight because I have to teach my class. In my place, I hope that you will bob for a few apples for me.

This morning I found some random facts about Halloween. Use them for cocktail party fodder tonight. Amaze your friends.

In 1926, magician Harry Houdini died in Detroit of gangrene and peritonitis resulting from a ruptured appendix.

In 1970, singer Michelle Phillips of The Mamas and The Papas married actor Dennis Hopper. They divorced after eight days.

In 1988, singer Debbie Gibson held a seance at her Halloween party to contact Liberace and Sid Vicious.

In 1993, actor River Phoenix died after collapsing outside a Los Angeles nightclub. He was 23