Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Out And About


The social life certainly is perking up this autumn. Between Junior League parties and the New Yorker festival, this past weekend was quite a scene.

These are a few from the Junior League party this weekend, one of my favorites of the year. It's rare that you get a chance to get dressed up, have some drinks and just chop it up with your friends, all just a few feet from a dance floor. Logic would dictate that a cab or an Uber would bring me home after, but I'm always fascinated by how crowded subways are in the middle of the night. When I first came to Manhattan, I had a few friends who refused to take the subway after 8:00 p.m. because they felt it was unsafe. This was on the advice of their parents, who hadn't lived in New York City since the 1980s. It was outdated and silly, and, quite frankly, made them seem like little princessas (Notable: all have since defected to the suburbs, never to be heard from again.)

Unless it's freezing or I'm carrying a lot of bags, I rarely hop in cabs. Trains and buses have always been my thing. Fast, efficient, and far from the nuisance of traffic. (If you ever want to see me truly lose my mind, stick me in a cab in the middle of Midtown traffic.)



Also seen: Lego flowers in Madison Square Park.