Wednesday, October 09, 2013

Latest For LearnVest: Getting A Loan When You Have High Student Loans


learnvest financial advice

I've been in the writing game for a long time, and the pieces that I'm the most proud of are the ones I've been doing for LearnVest. LearnVest's goal is the educate people -- primarily women -- about personal finance and creating a life you want.

Today's piece is about an important subject that no one really addresses when you're in college or coming out school: how student loans can affect your debt to income ratio, which in turn affects how lenders see you when you're applying for a mortgage. I found an amazing mortgage broker down in Atlanta who had great tips for anyone coming out school -- grad or undergrad -- with a lot of debt.

Can’t Get a Mortgage? Debt-to-Income Ratio, Explained

You can read all my pieces for LearnVest here.