Sunday, June 10, 2012

Someone Told Me It's All Happening At The Zoo...

Welcome to the zoo

The Bronx Zoo...it's always there, just north of Manhattan, just a half hour subway ride away. And yet I'd never gone. That is, until Sunday morning, when I woke everyone at the crack of dawn (7:00 a.m.) so that we could be there when the gates opened. I'm all about making good time.

For the first two hours it was mostly toddlers scurrying about the place. After all, only people with toddlers would be awake that early on a Sunday.

Here are some of the highlights. You can see all the photos that I took on the Flickr page.

The young strap hanger.
The young straphanger

Giraffes!
 Untitled

The gorillas are watching you.
I'm looking at you...

Obligatory self portrait.
Untitled

Two Andres
Two Andres

Bi polar bear.
Bi-Polar Bear

Cheetahs never prosper.
DSCN1005

Lion around.
Mr. and Mrs. Lion