Wednesday, May 30, 2012

A Pinterest Recipe I Actually Made

A recipe from Pinterest that I actually made

It's easy to make fun of Pinterest enthusiasts, such as myself, for idly wasting time pinning recipes and projects that you will never actually do.

But tonight -- I made a recipe that I found. And it was awesome.

As with any recipe, it required a bit of improvisation. Anyone who knows me knows that I have little to no interest in cooking, yet I don't like processed, Frankenfood at all. This may explain why hummus is such staple in my diet. I like easy, grab and go food. You will never find me braising anything. Ever.

Quinoa has been having a bit of a moment lately on the food blogs, and perhaps because of this it has become oddly expensive. Instead of quinoa, I made this dish with couscous, and it's great. Also: since I didn't have fresh corn from the cob I inadvertently used creamed corn and it gave the dish a smooth texture without having to use any butter.

I'm eager to see how this tastes after a few hours in the fridge. I have a feeling it may be my new go to recipe for pot lucks.

That said, if you've been randomly pinning recipes, make a few of them. This one took less than 20 minutes to make, prep and all.