Sunday, December 13, 2009

Allison And Jason's Wedding = Best Time Ever

Mr. And Mrs. Klein!

Saturday afternoon found me on a random bus into Middle of Nowhere, New Jersey, but it was well worth braving the Port Authority to get to Allison and Jason's wedding. Congrats, you crazy kids!

Allison, a friend from college, married Jason, who is 6'7. (His two brothers and father are just as tall.) Their nuptials were glam and the food was plentiful. Full set is here.

I also must offer accolades to the Woodcliff Lake Hilton, where I stayed. Since I came earlier than the other guests they sent the shuttle to pick me up literally on the side of the road where the bus from New York City left me. Free of charge! I felt like such a rock star coming out of that conversion van once we got to the hotel.

First things first: pre-game shots. I had literally an hour and a half to pull myself into black tie mode before the bus left for the wedding venue, the Rockleigh Country Club.

Not too shabby with the hot rollers.


In front of the Christmas tree in the lobby. So festive.


Sydney et moi. I need to stop slouching in photos.


With Kate. Keep it klassy, Sydney.
Keep it klassy, Sydney

The Rockleigh Country Club is one of the loveliest places I've ever been for a wedding. This was just the reception area.
PC102829

Allison's wedding was genius because they had the cocktail hour right when we arrived. I thought this meant a few passed hors d'oeurves. Oh, no. There was an entire room full of amazing food and drink. There was also a trio of a piano, saxophone and a violin, playing jazz standards and traditional Hebrew music. Unreal. They also used this time to sign the ketubah, the Jewish marriage contract.

Let's sign a ketubah!


How gorgeous is Allison?


I got into the Kir Royales, as is my way at such events.


The Chuppah. I should add that this wedding was one of the most audibly pleasing events I've ever been to. I don't know who arranged their music, but where ever we went there was beautiful, live music. The music aficionado in me appreciated this.


Horah time! Note the special Horah chairs with extra bars for lifting. TR totally would have been recruited to lift a chair. For this reason alone, he is glad he missed the wedding. TR isn't into lifting heavy objects.


I admire (feel for?) the guys who got enormous Jason up.


Jason and Allison's mother. I'm not sure why, but I love this shot.
PC102776

Father of the bride. I love Allison's expression.
PC102781

OK, enough Horah, although is was a quality Horah. The cake!


Fleurs!


First dance.
PC102794

Cake cutting. They played "When I'm 64" during this part, which is the sweetest little love song ever written.


The very happy couple et moi. I'm 5'6 and Jason is clearly a foot taller than me.
The happy couple et moi