Saturday, August 15, 2009

Two months after having Andre, the dust has settled and sleep deprivation is controlled. That said, it's time to get in shape.

Two weeks before delivery, the last time I was weighed, I was 202 pounds. (!?!?) 10 of that was obviously Andre. A few days ago I weighed in at 175, which is still eye-popping and slightly shameful for me, but at least it gives me something to work with. Most of it is in my rear end. I have to lose 25 to 30 pounds in order to be back to what I was before. Luckily, I like to run, and losing weight via running is quick and dirty. I figure that by Halloween I should be looking human again.

Two nights ago I went for my first run in over eight months. It was a rough two miles, but it was a start. This time last year I was running 10Ks! Baby steps, I suppose. The sky looked like it was going to crack open at any second.


The good news is that when I run in the evening the choppers are landing and taking off from the heliport, which is nice. I love choppers. If anyone would like to take me for a ride in theirs, I will be an enthusiastic guest.
IMG_0703

TR, Andre and I are off to Summer Streets again, this time taking on uptown. It's a good way to get the metabolism humming again. Most of my old clothes fit me now, but it's a slippery slope until you're wearing these: