Thursday, July 23, 2009

Photos From Around Town

I make a point of leaving the apartment at least once a day, just so that I don't go stir crazy. Of course I always have my camera with me.

TR and I have a few weddings to go to over the next few weeks, and so I stopped into the Housing Works thrift shop to find a dress, since I'm still a little doughy and I'm not paying a lot of money for something I won't wear in a few weeks.

This dress was on a huge rack of evening wear. I pity the bridesmaid who had to wear it. What's worse, Housing Works wanted $450 for it, since it's from some kind of bridal couture designer. Also: a size 2! The thing is, this dress would actually work if it weren't Pepto Bismal pink. Black, green, heck, even white would be fine.
Pity the bridesmaid who had to wear this dress

A million struggling writers audibly groaned when they saw that Mary Jo Buttafuoco got a book deal and they didn't. The title's kind of genius, though. Who on earth would buy this?


Taking the whole pop culture vampire theme too far. This ad doesn't even make sense.


Peppe and Val, plotting their escape from 21 stories up.


One of these days...one of these days...