Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Classic Fourth of July Photos!

Boats in Greenwich

Under normal circumstances I would have pics to share a few days after the Fourth Of July of the parties and BBQs that I went to. This year, there are slightly different circumstances and I was not able to go to any.

Keeping up with the spirit of nostalgia that's been all over this blog lately, I went into the archives and dug up some fave shots from Fourths of July past.

But not to worry! At the end of the month I'm headed to two weddings, and wedding photos are what started this blog in the first place. Def stay tuned!

In 2005 I ping ponged around the tri-state area on Fourth of July weekend. I went to Connecticut and then to Mattituck and then came back to Connecticut. I would like to know how, on a journalist's salary, I managed to pay for all those bus and train tickets.

My friend Jon on the beach in Mattituck. I took this shot with a disposable camera.
Jon on the Mattituck Beach

Same sunset, different angle. Still a disposable camera.
Mattituck Sunset

At Jon's house in Mattituck. Why do I pose like this?
In Mattituck

Pensive at 2:00 a.m. at Jen's place in Fairfield.
Pensive...at 2:00 AM

Watching fireworks on my roof on 20th Street. I don't know why I had so many black and white photos in 2005.
Up On the Rooftop...

2006. Completely sober at fireworks in Old Greenwich. I took my five-year-old cousin to them.
Like a Lobster

Coolest little cousin evs.
Knowing Glance

A few days later at a family party in Connecticut. That's La Madre and my two brothers and I.
Ma Famille

My brother Rob and I. Growing up, everyone thought we were twins. We're actually 18 months apart.
Rob and I

Why do I have no shots from 2007?

Impromptu jazz at a backyard BBQ in Brooklyn in 2008.


Jen et moi.
Jen et Moi