Monday, March 02, 2009

Snow Day!



It's officially a snow day (orders from corporate!) so I think we'll start off with a musical selection. (Later on, I'm going to see the tax man!)

Over the weekend I rediscovered Dar Wiliams on iTunes, including my favorite song of hers, "I Saw A Bird Fly Away." It's short, catchy tune about how to deal with the nutcases who may drive you crazy, and how, in the end, slow and steady wins the race. The song's composition is simple, and it has excellent use of the wah-wah pedal. Listen for it.

While we're on the subject of karma, over the weekend I was watching some old episodes of Sex And The City on You Tube and I came across the scene below. It's my favorite scene in all of SATC.

Carrie was having an affair with Mr, Big, shortly after he married the young Natasha. Natasha caught her in their apartment, a chase ensued, Natasha fell down an flight of stairs and broke a tooth. The follow scene ensues weeks later, when Carrie tries in vain to apologize. It shows that you don't have to shout in order to get your point across, and that no matter how badly you're wronged, the universe irons itself out.