Monday, March 03, 2008

Writing has been going well lately, and as anyone who does anything creative knows, when they muse strikes you run with it, even if it means locking yourself up for hours and hammering out work. Completed work is far more rewarding than an evening out having drinks. Drinks and socializing can be the reward, not the catalyst.

I've been working on a project that I put on hold about six months ago because I hit a block that I couldn't quite work around. I have since worked around it. I've been looking back at the 150 pages that I had before, and I am pleased with what I see. Life is all about perspective and sometimes it takes a few months away from a project to see that you were on the right track all along. I know now that this endeavor won't be as painful as I thought it would. It will take some mapping and an eye for detail a few weeks from now, but right now the foundation is rock solid.

I normally can't write with music on in the background, but for some reason Eric Clapton's "Backless" is keeping my mind sharp.