Sunday, March 09, 2008

It's 9:00 a.m.! Time To Run A Four Mile Race!

The winning number

It's barely noon and I've already run a four-mile race around Central Park. What have you been up to? This morning was the fifth annual Colon Cancer Challenge. (I challenge you! To colon cancer!) In all seriousness, it was a quick little race around Central Park that tested my ability to run in 32 degree weather as winds whipped around.

I finished in about 38 minutes and change, but I'll know the exact time in a few days. Not too shabby for my first race of the year.

There is nothing glam about running. Sure, if you do it enough you'll lose weight and look good in your jeans, but on a day to day basis it's drudgery and painful. That said, here are some photos!

Staying warm in Stabucks at 8:00 a.m. Even though the race started at 9:00, the New York Road Runners Web site said it started at 8:00 a.m. Way to be accurate, guys!
Staying warm in Starbucks, 8:00 a.m.

Everyone comes out of the woodwork for a race.
Everyone comes out of the woodwork for a race.

End of the race, looking my hottest!
About 38 minutes later

Everyone into the giant, inflatable colon!
Everyone into the inflatable colon!