Sunday, February 10, 2008

Peppe Went To The Vet Today!


PeppeVet, originally uploaded by La Pauline.


There's a vet right across the street from me, but my friend Dr. Kim practices on the Upper East Side and I brought Peppe to her this morning. He's in great shape except for a few things:

1. Peppe has a heart murmur! Apparently this isn't that big of a deal in cats, but it's something to look out for.

2. He needs some serious dental work. I don't know what the people who had Peppe before me fed him, but Peppe's got the teeth of an old cat. He might even need some pulled.

3. Peppe hates travel, which is odd for an animal that is originally from Italy. He was very polite throughout the whole exam, even when they stuck a thermometer up his butt. He didn't even make a peep. I don't think I would have been so quiet had I been in his position.

4. He is a healthy 9.5 pounds.

Shelter cats are kind of like used cars. You're pretty much just inheriting someone else's problems. But they're cute, furry problems!