Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Dear Crate & Barrel...


Crate and Barrell, originally uploaded by Pocahantas.


Dear Crate & Barrel,

I really wish you would stop sending me your catalogs. I don't like any of your products and the only reason I buy them is because my friends register for their weddings at your stores. Even in that event, I try not to order the stuff unless I absolutely have to.

I know you think your designs are modern and fresh, but they're really just simplistic and preciously retro. You use boring, muted colors and the quality of your goods is just one step above IKEA. Your glasses are cheap and break easily. No wonder it's only $3 a goblet.

I think it is a shame that there is an entire generation of people whose wedding registries are made up of your products. In 20 years they will all have identical platters and captains decanters, and there's nothing modern or fresh about being a cookie cutter.

In the meantime, I will be directing all my friends to the joys of Tiffany's and Baccarat.

Hugs and Kisses,
La Pauline