Sunday, January 20, 2008

The Weekend Roundup: Babies And The Spotted Pig!

It's Sunday night and the heat seems to be on again in my apartment. It's been a busy few days, so let's see what I've been up to.

Every weekend starts with a pre-game shot. Here I am on Saturday before I hit the town.
Pre-Game Shot

Julie, who loves me even though she thinks I'm "odd." Bless her.


Peppe was not happy when the heat went out.
Peppe Doesn't Like It When The Heat Goes Out

Sunday was a big eating day for me, and I'm not big on eating. I started the day with brunch with Cara, her husband and her husband's sister on the Upper West Side. After brunch Cara and I hung out with her amazing baby, Petra. Seriously, Petra is the kind of kid who makes me want to reproduce myself. Moreso than usual. That kid is an absolute joy. She never cries and is happy even when she's lying on her back and playing with her feet. Ah, to be young again...

Madonna And Child


Pauliney And Child?
Pauliney And Child?

I tried to smuggle Petra home, but she wouldn't fit in my bag. Rats!
I Wanted To Take Petra Home, But She Wouldn't Fit In My Purse.

Despite the large quantities of eggs I had at noon, I found myself at The Spotted Pig later that same night. Run, do not walk, to this restaurant, if only to taste their Champs, which is basically mashed potatoes, chive, nutmeg and a pound of melted butter.

Erin and I before consuming a vast amount of food.
Erin And I, Before We Chowed Down

How many eggs do you get with the Deviled Egg appetizer? One. But it is amazing.
Deviled Egg At The Spotted Pig

This is Haddock Chowder. It will warm innards you never knew you had.
Chowder At The Spotted Pig

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to get back to my food coma.