Sunday, November 04, 2007

China Club and Myst Photos -- Nov. 2



Last week was the week that just wouldn't end. If I wasn't at work, then I was at The Junior League, or teaching a class, or taking some photos. On Friday, I was awake for 21 hours straight before finally getting to sleep at 3:30 a.m. Yowza.

On Friday night I was at The China Club and Myst taking photos once again for Chris A.C.

I'll have a rundown of my Halloween photos from The China Club in a few days, (which was an awesome night) but you can see Chris' gallery of them here.

I started at The China Club, which at 11:30 p.m. was a little empty. Odd. This worried me, since I aim for 70 to 100 shots per club. When I arrived, the roof was empty except for a couple of people doing this hand-holding dance with middle eastern music playing in the background. No one could tell me what it was called.
Strange Hand-Holding Dance

As usual, the people at The China Club were ready to rock. This guy's shirt had bars on it that moved up and down like a stereo equalizer. Awesome.
Coolest T-Shirt Ever

Dancin' machine!


Smiley!
Smiley

I fight for space with this photog every Friday.
Another Party Photog

Every week there are showgirls, and every week I try to get a good shot of them.


Every woman needs boots like this.
Everyone Needs Shoes Like This

Apparently, getting groped is an occupational hazard of nightlife photography.
Please Don't Grope Me

Soon it was time to head over to Myst, which was even more fun. People were everywhere. I actually had a hard time moving around. See what I mean?
Myst Crowd Shot

On the job, 2:00 a.m.
On The Job

I took this shot accidentally while adjusting the settings on my camera. Pretty cool.
Accidental But Very Cool Shot

Another great dancing shot.


Vampin'
Vampin'

This was one of my favorite shots of the night. I love this guy's whole urban prepster look.
One of My Fave Shots of the Night

I don't think this guy wanted to be photographed. Thank goodness for the zoom lens.
I Don't Think This Guy Wanted to be Photographed

See ya next week!