Friday, September 28, 2007

Friday.

I told you it would be slow this week, but thanks all around to everyone to who clicks on this site daily just to see what sorts of things I'm getting myself into.

First: Have you been reading my column, Pauline's Picks on the E&P Web site? There are lots of link to cool online projects. Many have an Iraq war slant. Go learn somethin'.

Gossip Girl: I realize that this show is supposed to be the big hit of the season, the next O.C., etc....but I can't say that I'm in love with it. Maybe I'm not their target audience, but I am female and I do like fancy things. My beef, methinks, is that these are Upper East Side kids. I lived on the UES for two and half years and had to witness the private school kids all the time. They never struck me as being as sophisticated and devious as these characters are. Gossip Girl is like watching Dallas: 10021.

The Notebook: Last night I innocuously put The Notebook into the DVD player and curled up with some sushi. I basically spent the next two hours crying. Those of you who know me are probably thinking. What? There's no crying on Planet Pauline! But something about this film turned on the waterworks and wouldn't let them stop. Has anyone else had this reaction to this film? And yes, I was alone.