Sunday, August 26, 2007

Meg And Stacy Get Married!



I've known Meg since high school, when the two of us were in many advanced French class together. She did her homework and earned good grades, while I earned the nickname "La Bavarde." Loosely translated, it means the girl who won't shut up. We also sang and did plays together and eventually ran off to colleges in different states.

Years passed and eventually Meg met this really cool guy named Stacy. They got married on Saturday and I was there, camera in hand. The whole set can be found here.

Meg got married at the church where we all went growing up. It was a great ceremony, especially when her brothers walked her down the aisle.

Here's where the picture-perfectness starts. It took me a while to figure out the lighting in the church. New, fancy cameras can be tricky that way.


Here are two more high school friends, Liz and Lauren. Liz teaches Spanish up in Boston. Lauren splits her time as a journalist between Cairo and Baghdad. I kid you not.
Liz and Lauren

No wedding is complete without a bagpiper.
Every Wedding Needs a Bagpiper

I had a few hours to kill between the church and the reception, so I went home to get Le Doug and I fixed my make up. (It was 90 degrees outside.) Yes, I am wearing clothing in the pic.
Pre-Reception Make Up

Three old skool, Brien McMahon High School ladies.
Lauren, Moi et Liz

The reception was on the water, at sunset...
Boat on the Water

...complete with cool, marine-themed centerpieces.
Centerpiece

...and sand dollar placecards!
Place Card

Why have a weeding cake when you can have wedding cupcakes?
Why Have a Wedding Cake When You Can Have Wedding Cupcakes?

For their first dance Stacy and Meg did this awesome, choreographed number to "It Had To Be You."


It was adorable.
Big Smooch

Eventually everyone got up to dance. I should mention that half the state of Michigan was there, and when the DJ played the Michigan State fight song, they all got up and cheered...
Spartan Fans

...and then started a congo line.
Spartan Fans Conga Line

Here are Christine and Liz
Christine and Liz

Shoes and dancing don't always go together.
Heels and Dancing Don't Always Mix

Speaking of dancing, here is Lauren and I.


Liz and one of Meg's friends
Good Times

The bride and Le Doug tear it up.


Yeah! Journey!


No one is quite sure what this shot is.
No One Is Quite Sure What This Photo Is

Despite all this rug-cutting, the wedding hairdos held up. Go Aqua Net!
Liz's UpDo Held Up -- 10 Hours Later

Give me pouty...
Give Me Pouty

This little guy was all wedding'd out.
This Little Guy Was All Wedding'd Out

Bridal fleurs.


The fellas love Liz!
Liz and Cute Little Boy

"Piano Man" by Billy Joel was the last song of the evening. Unprompted, everyone made this huge circle and started singing along.
End of the Night -- Piano Man



Left side of the room:


It was sweet. Then random people started shouting, "Miracle! Miracle!" I thought they wanted another song. But no. Then this guy came out and started doing one-armed push-ups while everyone counted and cheered. I can't explain it. It must be a Michigan thing.
This Guy Did Push-Ups At the end of the Night

Le Doug and I call it a night.
Last Shot of the Happy Couple

Good times, good times.
...and to all a good night!

Mozart loved the sand dollar I brought home.
Mozart Likes the Party Favor

You know, I think these kids are gonna make it.