Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Off on a Sail!

Off We Go!

A few days ago I went for a sail in the Long Island Sound with many Millards. Not only was it a good way to hang out with the fam, but I also got to try out my new Olympus camera. The best part about all these shots was that because the sun was so bright, I couldn't see exactly what I was shooting half the time.

My mom is not much of a sailor. She wore the life jacket the whole time and when we got really good wind screamed and tried to climb off the boat. I wish I was kidding.
La Madre Is A Bit Of a Land Lover

A big sail.
Big Sail

At one point during the trip the birthday card for one of my uncle's gifts flew off the package and into the water. Most people would just have let it sink to the bottom of the ocean. Not us. We had a man overboard drill until we retrieved the card. It was soaked and torn in two, but the birthday wishes had to be delivered.


The Manhattan Skyline
Manhattan Skyline

It was the most perfect say for a sail. Here is Le Doug digging the serious wind.


I don't know much about raising sails or rigging jibs,. Luckily, other people in the crew did.
Rig the Jib...Or Whatever.

See! Other people were out on Sunday, too.
Boat Race

This photo was taken by a nine-year-old girl. Not too shabby.


Le Doug et moi, on the open sea.
Le Doug et Moi

Moi, Apres-sail
Moi, Apres-Sail