Sunday, April 22, 2007

Great Moments in Children's Theater


For some reason my friend Dave saved this e-mail I sent him well over a year ago. Thought you kids might like it.

"Little known fact about Pauline: During the summer between second and third grade I was in a summer production of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory in New Canaan, CT. Given that I was so small, I was, in fact, an Oomp Loompa. I had wanted to be Veruca Salt, but I was too young. She was more of a sixth grader.

I was an Oompa Loompa and I sang the song right after Augustus Gloop gets sucked into the river. Oh, and I also had to double up and play Grandma Josephine in a bed for a scene or two. As a small child, I must add that it was hard not to eat all the candy that we had in the fake machines we built. It was during that summer that I was introduced to the exciting world of gobstoppers. I've never
been the same since.

And that's some great moments in theater for you."