Sunday, March 25, 2007

A Dope Rhyme About the Weekend


Saturday Night Girls, originally uploaded by La Pauline.


'Twas a good weekend, all through the city
From West 56th Street and down to the Delancey.
GOOD magazine threw a party in midtown
Then I hopped over to a show so I could get down.
A ex-student of mine plays the drums in a band.
So I paid my eight bucks and acted like a fan.

Saturday brought a five-mile run,
It's a pain in the ass but I like it when it's done.
Later that night I had drinks with some peeps,
Jen Carnahan and Jill...old skool from Day 3!
That was our dorm our first year at 'Cuse
It was co-ed and crazy, all right it was a zoo.
After too many vodkas I hopped in a cab
I was light headed and tired but the evening was fab.

Now I'm tucked away in a house in the 'burbs
Just me and the cats, my little piles of fur.
There is work to do and there are novels to write
And hopes to enjoy further great nights.

Good times, ladies. Good times.

Unrelated:

I was reading Sundays Styles today and I came across Anna David's piece in the Modern Love column. What caught my eye was the title of her upcoming book, Party Girl. There have been many creative projects named Party Girl, and so I found her website to learn more about the book.

Anna seems to have several interesting projects on tap, including a group blog (grog) about debut novels in 2007. Good stuff all around.