Thursday, June 29, 2006

The House Sitter


Here is why I'm a bad house sitter: Every little creak or bump at night sends me into a tizzy. Last night I was writing on the computer and blasting music and I started to hear things falling and crashing downtstairs. I picked up an empty beer bottle and went downstairs, ready for some action. It turned out it was just The Boys chasing each other around, as they often do since it seems these cats are nocturnal.

I have this ridiculous fear that some sociopath is hiding out in the basement, a la Buffalo Bill in Silence of the Lambs. The fact that the lights are out in the basement doesn't help, either. It's always just Maestro and Mozart, doing what cats do best.

Two strange items: I was reading this week's issue of Us Weekly yesterday, impressed mostly by the Tori Spelling piece. Who knew that her mother, Candy, has a room in their monstrous house dedicated to her extensive doll collection and two "gift wrapping" rooms?

More important were two small items on The Record page. I usually read this for dish on celebrity divorces, but two items under Farewell caught my eye. It seems that Patsy Ramsey, the mother of JonBenet, died of ovarian cancer on June 24. How sad.

Right underneath was another notice that E. Pierce Marshall, the man who battled Anna Nicole Smith over his father's estate, died of an "aggressive infection" on June 20. How strange, especially after Anna won the Supreme Court Case.

And who said that celebrity weekly offer no real news? I ask you.