Friday, June 30, 2006

A Comrade Visits


Last night Jen came over to keep me company at the house. We heated up a pizza and got into a bottle of Cote du Rhone. Then I gave her a walking tour of Old Greenwich. We looked at all the houses, decided which ones were kept up well, which ones had nice yards and wondered who allowed the handful of McMansions to be built along Sound Beach Avenue. I loathe McMansions. If you live in one, please don't invite me over.

We were admiring the really old houses on Shoreland Drive when it started to rain, and we headed back home. We stopped at a Baskin Robbins to get ice cream. The rain stopped by then so we sat in Binney Park for a while and ate our dessert until it got really dark and I started to worry about the Boogie Man.

Tomorrow is likely a beach day with Old Skool Christine. Sunday I'm going to a BBQ at Jen's house, which she just bought and I haven't seen yet. Good times!

I['m a sucker for stories about neuroscience, so here are two:

Last night on the train home I read an article in Scientific Amercan Mind about burn out caused by work stress. Check it out.

This week's New Yorker has a great piece about a girl who had half her brain removed.