Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Erin and Pauline Do SoHo!

My Brunch Cocktail

Co-worker Erin and I had brunch on Saturday morning down in Nolita. Brunch turned into wandering around and much picture taking.

First off, Erin was late, so I had to sit and wait for a bit outside a bodega on Third Street.
Me, Waiting for Erin

So I took some photos and bought some Homies. (I love Homies.) They were in the gumball machine next to the mechanical pony that I was sitting on.
Sparks and Homies...The Perfect Combo

Finally, Erin arrived and we were off.
Erin Finally Arrives

We passed on eating Kangaroo at an Australian place.
Australian Cuisine

Erin, enjoying her window seat.
She Liked Her View

The Homies even came out once the plates were cleared.
Homies With the Salt

After brunch we stopped at the news stand on Spring and Lafayette.
One Must Be Well Read

Naturally, Erin practiced her Vogueing
Erin and the Mags

Erin had never been inside Balthazar before, so we moseyed over there.

This is me: So surly. So French!
So Surly, So French!

This is Erin, dodging tourists inside Balthazar.
Erin Finally Gets Inside Balthazar

Tourists often have big asses.
Tourists Have Big Asses

This cowboy hat was made out of old Coca-Cola Light Cans.
Me in a Weird Coke Can Hat

There was a bride inside this checker cab.
Checker Cab

On our way home, we stopped to rock out in front of CBGBs.
Erin is Such a Badass

Good times!
Me at CBGB

Fast forward a few days later, I took La Madre out for Mother's Day, and gave her some fancy perfume I found for her in Paris.
The Dutiful Daughter

She was touched.
Who? Me?