Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Tuesday Check-In


Can I have my dinner please?
Originally uploaded by Cryptik.

Hello all,

Most of you know that during the month of April I'm only working three days a week. I needed a break from the daily grind and being that I had piles of vacation days, I decided to take advantage.

I'm only working Tuesday through Thursday and it seems to be working out just fine. Granted, I am working nights, but the quiet seems to be serving me well. I can sleep in, exercise, work on projects at home and then come into the news room and do whatever I need to do here. I even walk from home to work and back. I feel my blood pressure dropping everyday. In May I'll only work four days a week, with Mondays off.

Which means that sometimes this blog gets overlooked. It's not you, it's me. But I have even better news: My brother Andrew has offered to give me his old digital camera, which means more snaps on this blog for your viewing pleasure. Whoo ha.

In the meantime, I am open to discuss with anyone this past weekend's episode of The Sopranos. Two issues arose with me:

1. Carmella and Tony putting cash in the wedding envelope and keeping tabs of it in a notebook. What is this nonsense about being "stiffed" on a wedding gift? Last time I checked, a gift was a gift, a token. Since when did weddings become fund raisers? Are they not, at their core, glorified parties and, dare I say, celebrations? Who else keeps a queue of gifts given like The Sopranos?

2. Vito. How creepy was it to see him all leathered up in the gay bar? And do you think he offed himself in the cheap hotel.

Discuss.