Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Up All Night

Last night I thought I would just come home and pass out from exhaustion, but my New Yorker arrived amongst a pile of other mail. I started to flip through it, if only for the comics, when I started reading the Talk of the Town pieces about Hurricane Katrina. Next thing I knew it was 1:00 AM and I was nowhere near going to bed.

For some reason I can't seem to read enough about this story, even though I work in news and am surrounded by it at least eight hours a day. So good work, New Yorker. Once again I will renew my subscription.

The Village Voice also has some great pieces this week.

Tomorrow is another day where I have to be Professional Pauline. I'll let you know how it all turns out. Right now I'm just wondering where I put the slacks for my good suit.

The photos from the week-end will be ready on Monday. This coming week-end will bring baby and bridal showers a-plenty, which calls for [yet another] new dres.