Monday, September 12, 2005

Me in My Dorky New Glasses

Me in My Dorky New Glasses

How does a person live 28 years without realizing that they are nearsighted? Not only am I nearsighted, I have to wear these things all the time. I'm so getting contacts. The last thing I want is to be mistaken for Lisa Loeb.

Anyway...my apartment is becoming less and less cluttered thanks in large part to the distribtion of the gifts for assorted people I've had for weeks. Saturday found me roused from sleep at 7:30 AM in an effort to get to Manasquan, NJ for my sister in law's baby's shower. The day consisted of lots of Millards, Koreans, food and enough baby clothes and products to make me want to refrain from child birth for another ten years.

Sunday was awesome Julie's bridal shower. It was at Lady Mendl's Tea House on Irving Place. Now, I live in that neighborhood and I never heard of Lady Mendl's. But sure enough, there it is, a perfectly intact Gramercy brownstone, right down to the light fixures and moldings. I have lots of pictures from both events, which should be up in the next few days.

You'll learn more about Julie and the crew when we all head out to Las Vegas next weekend for her bachelorette party.

In the meantime, here's a shot of Shakey, my friend Jen's cat. He rocks.
Shakey, Looking Fierce