Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Julie's Bridal Shower...Part One

Obligatory Hat Shot

My friend Julie is one of those always happy, always fun people. I guess I met her when we were both at Syracuse. She seems to have always been around. So when she got engaged last year, all of us were pretty excited. Then she moved to Orlando, leaving us all with a hole in our hardened, New York City hearts. We've been licking our wounds ever since.

But she came back this week-end for her shower, and we gave her all the china and flatware she asked for. We also made her a funny hat. Next week-end we're all going to Las Vegas for her bachelorette party to have far more fun than we'll know what to do with. Then it'll be her wedding, which I'm sure will be a multi-sensory experience. To Good Things!

Here are some highlights from the Sunday afternoon tea at Lady Mendl's Tea House. More to come. These are courtesy of Allison, who has one of the coolest cameras I've ever seen. (And she won't let me touch it. Ha.)

Some of Us Ladies
Paulin, Julie, Alison and Cara

Julie and Her Sister Lauren (who is a younger, but equally cool version of Julie)
Julie and Lauren

The Puppet Show
No Bridal Shower is Complete Without a Puppet Show

Cara and I
Pauline and Cara...10 Years Later

The whole, growing set can be found on La Flickr. Even more to come!